Monday, January 9, 2012

I Subscribed to My First Podcast Ever Today

I've been a consumer of Apple products for a long time. My laptop is a Mac, my wife has a Mac, I use a Mac at work, etc. We've had several iterations of the iPod in our home and someday I'll probably own an iPad of some sort whenever the time is right.

One thing that came about with the invasion of the iPod into modern culture was the podcast. A short (or sometimes long) recorded broadcast on whatever topic you can possible imagine thinking up, and then you can make them available to anyone in the world at the push of a button. Things started out slow for the podcast community, but quickly picked up steam and now it seems like every outlet in the world has some sort of podcast version available for user consumption.

Podcasts have always seemed pretty cool to me, I tend to listen to the Extra Hot Great podcast a lot of the time with my wife in the evenings while adventuring around Azeroth while she folds the laundry, but I've never subscribed to a specific podcast to listen to myself.

Until today that is. Today I finally got around to subscribing to the ESPN First Take podcast on my iTunes so I can listen to it each day. I'm a big fan of sports analyst Skip Bayless, and I figured it might be nice to mix things up at the office a bit each day by having it available to enjoy. It's an easy way to get some up to date sports news without trying too hard.

Wish me luck in my podcast listening, who knows, maybe I'll subscribe to another one someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment