Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Finding a Laptop Bag is More Difficult Than I Want it to Be

I've had a laptop for a long time now. Ever since I started college to be exact. The problem is that I've never had a great bag to transport my laptop in. This is something that constantly eats at me for reasons I am completely unable to explain. Something about not having the perfect bag to carry my things to and from the office, or to and from campus in the past drives me up the wall.

What do I need from a laptop bag you ask? Not much to be honest. I need a nice safe pocket or slot to house my trusty 13" MacBook. On top of that, I need someplace in the bag to conveniently store my Kindle, my power cord to the laptop, and my wireless mouse. Beyond that the only other consideration I can think of would be to possibly have some sort of cell phone pocket or perhaps a place to store a generic type of notebook if I needed to.

See, not really all that much in the way of complexity, but to this day my efforts have been frustrated.

Working in an office environment has led me to feeling that I need to appear a little more "grown up" if you will. Whether or not that is really all that important is debatable, but I feel like using the same backpack that I used to go to class at BYU leaves me stuck behind in the not-so-grown up world I wish to leave behind.

I've looked at a lot of bags, but they all seem to have far more pockets and hidden areas than I need, or they are all shoulder bag style, or look far to "trendy" and "hip" for my taste. I want something that feels like a sort of casual briefcase without looking like I'm being pretentious if that makes any sense.

The search continues, and someday I will be successful, it is just taking a really, really long time. Finding a bag is not something I'll allow myself to simply do online looking at pictures. I need to pick it up, give it a look, and fall in love with it. Otherwise I'm positive I'll just be frustrated by what shows up in the mail when the order arrives.

Of course, the problem with that is there aren't many places that have much of a selection on hand for me to look at in the store.

1 comment:

  1. We should check out some place fancy like Sharper Image or something!

    ReplyDelete